A Bold and Innovative Global Leader
We introduce the footsteps of to reflect its dedication to serving you.
Beginnings and Establishment
1960s - 1970s
- Established Hanyang Chemical Holding Co., Ltd.
- Established Korea Plastics Industry Corp.
- Founded as Korea Hwasung Plant,
Predecessor of Hanwha Solutions/Advanced Materials
Growth and Advancement
1980s - 1990s
- Divided operations at Hanwha General Chemical Co., Ltd creating a new division for raw materials (Hanwha Petrochemical) and delegating manufacturing operations (Hanwha General Chemical)
- Changed corporate name to Hanwha General Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Merged Hanyang Chemical Holding Co., Ltd. and Korea Plastics Industry Corp.
- Expanded into the automotive materials industry
Change and Innovation
- Established Chongqing Corporation
- Built automotive parts and materials plant in Monterrey, Mexico
- Acquired German automotive parts company Heycoustics
- Changed corporate name to
Hanwha Advanced Materials after selling the construction materials business
(December, Headquarters moved to Sejong-si)
- Began solar materials business
- Built automotive parts and materials plant in Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Acquired U.S.-based Azdel
- Built automotive parts and materials plant in Shanghai, China
- Built automotive parts and materials production facilities in Alabama, U.S.
- Built automotive materials plant in Beijing, China
- Began electronic materials business